There is no wrong answer, but each has its pros and cons.
A remodel might be the perfect choice if you’re looking to update your current home without breaking the bank.
With so many potential changes to make with plumbing, wiring, paint, and flooring, it’s easy to change up your space’s look without spending a ton of money.
A remodel can also be done relatively quickly – depending on how much work is needed – which makes it an excellent option if you need something fast.
For those looking to move into a newly built home, there’s no need to give up the space or design you’ve had in mind.
With new construction, you can customize everything from the colors you choose for walls and cabinets to the appliances and lighting you decide on for your kitchen and bathrooms.
With a new home, you can also avoid any lingering remnants of previous owners by throwing away old stains, paint, or carpet and starting fresh.
And when it’s time to pick out flooring and countertops, there’s no need to worry about finding perfect matches – they can all be brand new ones that will last a lifetime.
With all the advantages of remodels and new construction, it can be hard to determine the right choice for your new home. Here’s how to decide:
When to remodel your home:
- If you are simply looking to spruce up your home
- If you need to reduce the amount of money you spend on your home
- If you want a smaller, affordable project that can be completed reasonably quickly
- If you are looking for an affordable way to update your home and keep it looking newer for longer
- If you are okay with your current home’s layout and would just like to update it to look newer
- If you don’t mind your home’s current size and structure, but you’d like to give it a fresher look
When to build a new home:
- If you want to redesign your space completely
- If you need to make significant changes, such as a new floor plan, updated structure, or a new foundation
- If you need a larger project that may take a few months or longer, depending on the size of your project and how many people work on it
Get Affordable Home Remodeling and Construction Services in Walnut Creek, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Cerletti & Kennedy Design-Build is a team of experienced remodeling contractors who focus on delivering high-quality workmanship and customer services.
We are dedicated to meeting your needs and offering free quotes. Contact us today!